Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Graduate of Agrarian Science from the University of Perugia in 1992
- Degree thesis on olive culture (3 years of research).
- Since 1994, member of the Association of Doctors of Agronomy and Forestry
- Since 1995, member of the National Association of Olive Oil Tasters (O.L.E.A.).
- Member of the association of regional oil tasters (Marche Region), comprising experts in the
field of extra-virgin olive oil tasting.
- Since 2000, member of the National Association of Honey Tasters.
- Since 2002, member of the Association of Agrarian Tutors in the department of olive culture.
- Since 2012, member of the Association of Professionist tasters FLAVOR
Collaboration in public administration:
- CRA OLI department in Spoleto (PG), 1992 – 94 and 1996.
- Service Agency Agroalimentary Sector Marche: contracts 1996 – 2004
- Currently employed, since September 2004, by the Service Agency Agroalimentary Sector Marche, in the olive culture sector and sensory analysis.
- Panel leader, coordinator of regional Panel of ASSAM-Marche, recognised by I.O.O.C. and the Ministry of Agriculture
- Participation in the assembly of Panel Leader in Madrid, 2000 – 2004.
- Pruning consultancy in Australia, 2003.
- Teaching course of olive culture “Olive Growers Workshop – Quality Australian olive oil” 2004, organized by University of Bendigo.
- Consultancy of olive culture in Chile, 2004.
- Training of oil tasters in Marrakech, 2009, 2011 and 2014
- Consultancy of olive culture in Giordania, 2010
- As Panel Leader, direction of courses for the olive oil tasting, in Croatia (Rovigno, Zara, Spalato) in 2008 - 2011
- Expert mission for UE in Zagreb on Panel test (2009) and on labelling and quality of olive oil
- Lessons about olive oil tasting in Germany (Arnsberg) in 2011
- Course for pruning and olive oil tasting in Brasile (Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul) in 2012
- As Panel Leader, direction of course for the olive oil tasting, in Austria (Vienna) in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- As Panel Leader, direction of course for the olive oil tasting, in Lebanon (Beirut) in 2013
- Author of approx. 150 articles in the olive culture sector, in both the popular and scientific-technical context.
- Author of approx. 12 books in the olive culture sector, in Marche and nationally.
- Organiser and jury participant for the regional pruning competition of olive trees, organized by ASSAM, since 2002.
- Organiser and participant of the Scientific Committee of the National Championship of olive tree pruning, organized by ASSAM, since 2003.
- President of the Scientific Committee of the National Exhibition of monovarietal oils, organized by ASSAM since 2004.
- Participation in regional and national conventions concerning olive culture and oil.